Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Some Notes On Tithing

I wrote these notes on my church bulletin last Sunday when our pastor Alex was speaking on Tithing:

When you tithe, you become less attached to money and therefore start appreciating other things in your life- not necessarily additional blessings, but you learn to appreciate and see the blessings you already have and they seem new.




Don't always expect a financial blessing the moment you give your 10%. Don't forget to look for blessings in other parts of your life.

The tithe is designed to teach. No matter how much you have, give your 10%. You have already received your blessing from God, with the sacrifice of His son for your salvation, the tithe is your sacrifice in reverence of HIS sacrifice.

God wants to be your priority - Put your treasure in the right place.

Scripture on Tithing:
Deuteronomy 14:22
Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.

Malachi 3:8-10 - A Warning, A Command, A Promise
“Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.

“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’

“In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

Psalm 139:13
For you created my inmost being; 
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.


Haggai 2:8
‘The silver is mine and the gold is mine,’ declares the LORD Almighty.

1Corinthians 16:2
On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.

2Corinthians 9:6
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.

If you're interested to learn more on tithing as a Christian, or hear it spoken way better than I could ever write, check out the podcast from our church, Relevant Church Miami: Relevant Church Miami Podcast

No comments:

Post a Comment